bikablo® Basics Visualisation Workshops
Hand-drawn visualisation on flipcharts and posters for better learning, presentation, dialogue, facilitation and collaboration.
Discover the easy to learn specific modular system at the heart of the bikablo® technique. Reflect on your own learning steps and apply this approach to your own field of work immediately.
What you'll learn
- Draw basic shapes to create a visual language
- Use materials, colour and shading strategically
- Use visual combination techniques to get a message across clearly
- Turn content into meaningful layout designs to meet purpose and context on flipcharts, posters and more
- The basics to visually record dialogue live
Open Workshops 2020
4 and 5 March
11 and 12 March
20 and 21 May
15 and 16 July
19 and 20 August
18 and 19 November
Early Bird Specials for March 2020
Book by 14 February to benefit from our early birds special
Why should you attend?
You may be a Consultant, Facilitator, Trainer, Teacher, Health Professional, Manager, Team Leader, Project Manager, Customer Experience Expert, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, User Experience Expert, Product Owner, Business Analyst, AND MORE...
You facilitate dialogue, learning, knowledge transfer, problem solving, strategy and change. You want to make content and process visible, stimulate interaction and harvest ideas.
Working visually with individuals and groups allows you to:
- cross learning and language barriers
- ease engagement and stimulate interaction
- make content and process visible
- support the development of thoughts
- connect people visually to a discussion
- make the abstract tangible
- explore problems and ideas to find solutions
- make information easy to remember
Requirements to participate ...
- No previous drawing experience is needed
- The willingness to challenge your inner critic
- The desire to learn a new skill set
We support your learning journey with ...
- An official bikablo® StarterSet comprising 64 pages that summarises the principles, content and techniques covered during the workshop, plus four Neuland markers
- Photo documentation of the workshop in digital format after the workshop to support your transfer of learning
- A certificate confirming your participation on the workshop
- An invitation to join the bikablo® alumni online community where you can find further reading, links, tips on tools and material, image sources and exchange opportunities
- A once off 15% discount on Neuland products from the Drawn In, Official Neuland Reseller Store
During this two-day workshop you will learn to bring your ideas to life by doing, reflecting and practising what you are learning.
The bikablo® technique opens the door to the world of visual thinking and dialogue. This workshop will be led by Gill Cromhout, the bikablo® Global Trainer for South Africa.
What to expect in the two-day workshop: you will become familiar with the basic building blocks of the bikablo® technique (graphic elements, containers, people, and symbols) and how to combine them to create custom logos and simple diagrams. In this way, you will develop the skills to create flipcharts and posters to communicate your ideas or the ideas of the groups or individuals you work with.
The two-day agenda covers:
- Holding the pen and drawing the line: drawing clean lines and structuring space on a flipchart or poster.
- Graphics and text containers: How to create simple arrows and connecting elements from basic geometric shapes in order to present related topics. This includes text containers (e.g. speech bubbles) which can be used to support which different types of messages.
- Objects and symbols: How to draw simple symbols (also referred to as icons, and pictograms) to highlight key messages. Learn what is essential, and what can be left out.
- Figures: Learn how to draw a simple style of people, communicate roles, groups, and situations.
- Colour: Learn basic principles of colour, how to apply colour to your flipcharts and how to fill spaces in a quick and simple way that supports your message and will help the reader make sense of the information.
- Writing: Learn how to improve your handwriting on flipcharts to make them more legible and visually attractive.
- Live Capture: Learn how to capture information live through the creation of a poster that captures the outputs of a group process.
- Posters and Flipcharts: Combine all of the elements learned on the workshop (graphics, writing, symbols, figures, and colour) to create a flipchart, or poster specific to your work context that you can use immediately (e.g. welcome, agenda, instructions, templates that facilitate dialogue within a group process, etc.)
Gill's career has focused on enhancing the potential in others. Her facilitation ethos and the way she views others she works with is echoed in the words of JK Rowling:
“We do not need magic to transform the world. We carry all the magic inside ourselves already.
Gill is a member of the bikablo® certified global training team and the Official Reseller of Neuland in South Africa.
Gill is the founding partner of a learning and development consultancy which she started in 1999. She has worked across industry in varied organisational settings, and is creative and results driven in her approach.
Gill graduated with a BA Honours: Human Resource Development from RAU (now Johannesburg University). She is a Level 2 Personal Strengths Practitioner and works extensively with the Strengths Deployment Inventory. Gill combines coaching an an essential support to transfer learning. She completed the Coaching to Excellence and Associate Coaching Course at the University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business.