bikablo® Basics Visualisation Online Workshop
Hand-drawn visualisation on flip charts, posters and more for better dialogue, collaboration, presentation and facilitation
You say you can't draw? Aah! Join us to lay the foundation to your visualisation skills, or build on your existing skills and confidence.
You will discover the easy to learn system at the heart of the bikablo® technique, reflect on your own learning journey and be able to apply this approach to your field of work immediately.
Next Online Workshops
- Part 1: 2 and 3 September 2021 - cost ZAR 3,000.00 excluding VAT
- Part 2: 9 and 10 September 2021 - cost ZAR 3,000.00 excluding VAT
- Language: English
The content and the flow of our online workshops has been adapted to make your learning experience fun, collaborative and high energy:
- Each workshop day runs from 13:00 - 17:00 (GMT +2)
- Prior to the workshop we will orientate you to the technology we use during the workshop
- All sessions are live, online, requiring a high speed internet connection, and a personal computer with a webcam
- During the workshop you will have access to learning resources
- Part 1 and Part 2 are facilitated over 8 hours each, with a total workshop time of 16 hours
- Please note: Part 1 is a prerequisite to attending Part 2
- T & C's will apply for participants registering from outside of South Africa
What you'll learn
- An introduction to the bikablo technique as a visual language
- The visual vocabulary: basic shapes, graphics and containers, symbols, script, figures, and movement lines
- Use materials, colour and shading strategically
- Visual combination techniques to get a message across clearly
- Turn content into meaningful layout designs to meet purpose and context on flip charts, posters and more
- The basics to visually record dialogue live
Visualisation is a powerful facilitation method that helps:
- cross learning and language barriers
- ease engagement and stimulate interaction
- make content and process visible
- support the development of thoughts
- connect people visually to a discussion
- make the abstract tangible
- support problem exploration and the generation of ideas to find solutions
- make information easy to remember
You may be a Consultant, Facilitator, Trainer, Teacher, Health Professional, Manager, Team Leader, Project Manager, Customer Experience Expert, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, User Experience Expert, Product Owner, Business Analyst, AND MORE...
You facilitate dialogue, learning, knowledge transfer, problem solving, strategy and change. You want to make content and process visible, stimulate interaction and harvest ideas.
What you will receive
- Our full colour official bikablo® Starter Sets, for Part 1 and Part 2, that summarise the principles, content and techniques covered during the 16 hour workshop in 64 pages
- A selection of Neuland markers and a box of chalk pastels (please be aware that postage will be for your account)
- Photo documentation of the workshop in digital format, after the workshop, to support your transfer of learning
- A certificate confirming your participation on the workshop
- An invitation to join the bikablo® alumni online community where you can find further readings, links, tips on tools and materials, image sources and exchange opportunities
- Group support between sessions and after Part 2
- A once-off discount on Neuland products
Requirements to participate
- No previous drawing experience is needed
- The willingness to challenge your inner critic
- The desire to learn a new skill set
- A computer with a great internet connection
About Gill Cromhout
Gill is the founding member of Breaking Ground Learning and Development Consultants (Pty) Ltd and Drawn In, based in Cape Town, South Africa.
Gill's work ethos and the way she views others she works with is echoed in the words of JK Rowling:
“We do not need magic to transform the world. We carry all the magic inside ourselves already."
Gill believes that the facilitators role is to bring this to the fore. Gill uses hand drawn visual thinking methods to make content and process visible, cross learning and language barriers and support the development of ideas. In her consultancy she has lots of fun creating visual learning material.
Gill has worked across industry in varied organisational settings, and is creative and results driven in her approach.
She graduated with a BA Honours: Human Resource Development from RAU (now Johannesburg University). She is a Core Strengths Practitioner and works extensively with the Strengths Deployment Inventory to facilitate Relationship Intelligence. Gill has completed the Coaching to Excellence and Associate Coaching Course at the University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business. She combines coaching an an essential support to transfer learning.